The Scioto Valley Bank, located in the Village of Kingston, was organized in 1883 and was the first banking institution in the community, with James May as President and Fred Moore as Cashier. Lemuel Boggs and Myron May followed as President’s until June 23, 1909, when the Bank failed and officially closed its’ doors. Shortly thereafter, on August 14, 1909, The First National Bank was organized, with Nelson Dunlap as President. He was preceded by Wm. Stimmel and Philip Dunlap. The name of the Bank was changed from The First National Bank to Kingston National Bank in 1976. In 1983 the Adelphi and Kingston branches of the Dime Bank of Marietta, Ohio were acquired by Kingston National Bank, at which time the Kingston office was closed and the Adelphi Branch was maintained as a separate office. In 1995 the Clearcreek Valley Branch in Amanda was opened by Kingston National Bank in a facility that was originally the Clearcreek Valley Banking Co., acquired by Central Trust of Cincinnati and eventually closed. In 2005 the Bank opened their third branch office at South Bloomfield in Northern Pickaway County, building a new facility on-site that is located directly off of U.S. Route 23. In February of 2013, Kingston National Bank widened their footprint by opening a fourth branch office on Western Avenue, in Chillicothe, Ohio. In August of 2018, Circleville became our latest office location at the old Circleville Oil site on Court Street near the heart of downtown.
As a national bank, KNB is organized under federal banking laws and is under the direct supervision of the Comptroller of the Currency, an agency of the United States Treasury Department. Kingston National Bank is a member of the Federal Reserve System, which is the central banking system of the United States and is a full-service bank without trust authority. KNB is also a member of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).
Kingston National Bank defines itself as “A Real Community Bank, Really Serving Communities”, a motto that was established when Phil Dunlap and his associates founded the Bank back in 1909. The tradition of providing customers with excellent banking products and superior customer service still prevails. The niche in the community then, as well as now, has been our strong presence in the farming and agri-business community. A stanza from the poem entitled “Logan Elm” by revered builder and community member David E. Crouse of the 1800’s, is commensurate with the Board of Directors vision for Kingston National Bank to remain independent and service our community and surrounding areas. The “Logan Elm” was considered to be one of the largest elms in the U.S., the tree stood 65 feet tall, with a trunk circumference of 24 feet and foliage spread of 180 feet. It died in 1964 from damage by blight and storms. In 1774, Chief Logan of the Mingo tribe delivered his eloquent speech on Indian-White relations at the base of this tree.
“The passing of ten score of years
---David E. Crouse
Hence, over 100 years have passed, new technologies have revolutionized banking, but Kingston National Bank remains the friendly, dependable Bank that customers have become accustomed to, offering newly enhanced checking and savings products, an array of loans and financing options that can be tailored for specific needs. Welcome to a community bank that takes pride in our past accomplishments but never loses sight of our goal to provide excellent banking services and superior customer service in the future.
Our board is made up of individuals focused on a common goal, to help Kingston National Bank continue to provide the right products and services to our communities.
Would you like to work for KNB?
We are always looking for great people who understand our vision of customer service and community. Here are the job positions we are looking to fill with people who understand our culture, communities and vision.
We do not have any open positions at this time.